Divorce & Family

Stepparent Adoption, Contested

Stepparent Adoption, Contested


Petition to adopt the minor child of your spouse or domestic partner, ending the parental rights of the child's other birth parent. Your spouse must provide written consent and you must request a court order to end the other birth parent's parental rights if you are unable to obtain their consent. 

Get Started